Friday, May 27, 2011

Vietnam War Interview

1. How old were you when the Vietnam War began?
  I was 12, I lived with my little brother and mom in Texas for a couple of years.
2. What do you recall when you turned on the TV or checked the news.
  Something about a war and people dying, I didn't like t.v back in the day.
3. What about your parents what did they say?
   Well my dad was an illegal immigrant from Mexico and during that time he worked over there for business purposes; he only visited during the summer. My mom would just try to ignore it and tell me that everything is going to be fine; that's how she lived life.
4. What did you tell your little brother about the war?
    Ha, since he was 8 and I 12, I use to tell him scary stories about wars and how they pick people randomly and used the Vietnam war as an example to scare him into keeping good grades in school.
5. If you were of age, would you have enlisted in the army or just let luck do its magic?
    Well, during that time I loved visiting Mexico so, if they ever called me, I would have bailed out and headed to Mexico until it was safe to come back... I hate wars.